Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:46:05 -0700, DGDevin wrote:

Who pays for the 20% administrative overhead the insurance companies
absorb today? Health insurance administration in Canada absorbs 6%,
it's 4% in France and an astonishingly efficient 1.5% in Taiwan. What
baffles me is why so many folks are apparently content paying an extra
20% for insurance that goes to executive salaries and marketing
campaigns and so on while being horrified at the thought of the
supposedly greater inefficiency govt. would bring to the process.

That's a good point, and one that the right wingers on this group
consistently ignore.

I also wonder how many of them rejected Social Security and Medicare, or
plan to when they reach that age?

Not to claim that the left is always logical :-).

If we all used reason, voted for the common good instead of self-
interest, and had the needed information, all laws, candidates, and
propositions would be approved or rejected almost unanimously.

But then we wouldn't be human :-).