Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Circular Hole in a Bottle

RubEric wrote:
I wish to cut a round disk out of several wine bottles. The bottle
has an etched figure I wish to remove for another purpose. I have a
virtually unlimited supply of these bottles and they have no value so
I can afford to make mistakes.

How should I go about cutting a 2 inch diameter disk out of a bottle?
I had thought to use a diamond blade on my Ziptool to cut out a
rectangle and then wet grind the removed piece.

A diamond hole saw may be a possibility, but they are EXPENSIVE.

What would you suggest?

Thanks, Eric

As an aside, who would WANT a bottle with a hole in it (aside from the
obvious one)?