Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Delta Saw Part

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have an old Delta 10" compound miter saw. I don't know the model number,
I looked all over and did not see any sort of a model number.

Here are some pictures of the saw:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1020961.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1020962.jpg

The plastic clear shield is broken. I used it to cut a 2" PVC pipe, and I
held on to the pipe on one end, as soon as it's cut, the other end, being
that it's round, rolls a little towards the blade and BAM it hits the
blade and the rotating blade broke the pipe into pieces and one piece flew
10' into the other end of my garage, but the clear shield is also broken
as a result as you can see from the pictures.

I then searched and found this site:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/del...3275_3503.html

I figured I could find the part but I am not sure which model I have...it
kind of look like a "Delta 36-075 Type 1 Compound Miter Saw Parts" but it
could be Type 2 or Type 3? I am not sure. How would I determine my exact
model.

The model and serial number are located on the back side of the motor
housing opposite the handle. It took me a couple of minutes to find it.

Your saw looks a model or 2 newer than mine but the guard looks the same. I
am inclined to agree with the poster who said "this part hasn't changed
much."

Don't cut PVC with this saw.

Colbyt