Wood Butcher

Default Circular saw and blade recommendations

I have the blade on the left version of the PC saw and I love it. I am right
handed and with it I can see the cut line with no fuss. The dust port
isn't useless. When I'm outside I direct the flow of sawdust away from
me and about 90% of it goes that way (of course if the wind shifts it's
another story). Inside I connect the shopvac to it and it collects 99%
of the sawdust. The shopvac hose is manageable but it is bulky too,
so I bought the PC dust hose (PC #39332) while at the WW show
yesterday. It connects directly to the saw (and my 557 plate joiner
and 333VS sander) is 10' long and much lighter and more flexible than
the shopvac hose.

There is one downside to the blade on the left though. If you plug the
dust port you get more sawdust in your face than you would with the
blade on the right model.

Art

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Was down to Rockler's this morning and stopped by Lowe's on the way home to
look first hand. Overall I think I liked the PC the best. The shoe looked
better to me and was easily adjusted. Think I like the right blade tho,
altho never used the left blade. Your right bout the dust port, useless
perhaps, at least it has a cap on it. Too bad Rockler doesn't sell them. Got
a 25% off coupon for the Thanksgiving sale. Thanks for the reply.
--
Paul