Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default Delta Saw Part

MiamiCuse wrote:
snip
No it is not that I have kick backs.

What happens is if I cut a PVC pipe (say 2" diameter), I hold it with my
left hand, my right hand is on the saw handle and I lower the blade to cut
the pipe. As I lower the blade to make the cut, as soon as the cut is done,
I am still holding the part with my left hand, the other left over piece on
the right side of the blade is free, and since it's rounded, it rolls in
whatever direction it wants, if it's a long piece it just stays put. If
it's a small piece it may roll to the blade as I raise the blade and it
bounces off and if it hits me it might not be such a pleasant experience.

Any reason you can't either clamp it or stick a piece of scrap lumber
down the middle to keep it from flying every which way?