Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Delta Saw Part

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"MiamiCuse" wrote:

The plastic clear shield is broken.

You're better off without the damn guard. Rip the other one off, too,
then you might actually be able to use the saw. Oh, and don't cut round
stock on *any* power saw while holding it by hand. Jeez. You ain't gonna
finish your house with you in one piece if you keep doing stuff like
that.

What is the best way to do that? I have a hack saw but it's much slower.
Cable saw is faster but not as accurate as it tend to slide and not cut
straight all the time.

Is there a way to make quick, clean cut of pipe with a miter saw and
eliminate the "rolling" trajectory hazard? I thought about having a wood
block with a V-NOTCH that might prevent the rolling but if there is another
way?