Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Frugal day bed?

"mm" wrote
"HeyBub" wrote:
me wrone

wrote:
Id like to take a twin size mattress I have and make a
daybed out of it in my loft style apartment (read
small) so as to provide sitting space and spare bed for
company.
However daybed frames are outrageously priced it seems!

Still waiting to see her priceline. I googled some very nice ones in the
250$ range. Wood type, look more like a sofa.

Anyway to make a daybed frame?

Easy for those of us who know tools. Need to know what you know already.

Also, does anyone out there own a daybed and how well
does it work as per above?

You're simply describing a large Futon (viz.)

Nope, she means a daybed. Not same.

Viz? I thought futons had thin crummy matresses, that would roll up.
Isn't she going to use a better mattress?

Above, she has a regular twin.