Posted to alt.home.repair
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default Slightly OT - Electrical Puzzle

"Smitty Two" wrote

Yeah, all good ideas to troubleshoot a lighter socket that
isn't
working. The OP's lighter sockets are working.

Further update from the OP: I've concluded I was not
pressing the probes from the voltmeter hard enough against
the proper places on the sockets to get a good connection.

I have two vehicles, and the same thing happens on both -
meaning my laptop recharges from both, yet I get readings of
around 4-5 volts at the sockets on both. Both cars start
easily, and readings at the batteries on each are 12-13
volts.

Thanks for all the replied.