Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Your experience with Fry's

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:47:36 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:21:13 -0400, PeterD wrote:

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:38:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:22:48 -0700, "iws" wrote:

Well, with Fry's, whenever I've returned something, even unopened, they open
it, check that all the stuff is there and then slap a returned sticker on it
and that generally winds up back on the shelf at a discounted price.

I once bought a rather pricey video card that had been returned. I
had no way to inspect the contents at the store.

Did you ask? (a manager).

Nope.

I always do so, have not bee refused by any
store yet. It is both a reasonable and prudent thing to do.

I probably could have asked. I could also have opened the box at the
cashier. I might even have opened it after I passed the door guard in
the parking lot. Plenty of lost oportunities to prevent a problem.
However, I didn't and I don't recall why. Somehow, I think it a bit
odd that I would be expected to do so. I can see that it would be my
responsibility that something would be suitable for a purpose, but
it's Fry's responsibility that it be complete, intact, and correct.

Being right is great, but bottom line if you are the one who looses
out, then right or not it isn't a good idea! g Just yesterday I
opened a box at Home Depot to ensure that it was the right product. No
where on the box did they have specifications! Amazing, a manufacturer
who puts all kinds of advertising on the box, but forgets to put basic
specifications (such as pipe size) on the box!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/fry039s-electronics-a5207/bydate.html