Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Planer question BAD ADVICE!

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:06:07 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

On 09/13/2009 02:50 PM, Robatoy wrote:

If set up properly, the cam action will impede the movement backwards.

Not buying it. If kickback were an issue, the european machines would
have dealt with it. As it stands, they have guards that always cover
the cutterhead and the stock slides under the guard. No provision
whatsoever for kickback prevention.

Chris

I just tried a few boards on my DJ20 with no power. Every board could
be easily pulled back through the safety guard, unlike a featherboard.

That has been my experience with my DJ-20 and the 6" Reliant before that...
and the spring tension on the DJ-20 is significantly higher than the
Reliant.

John