Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

Scott Lurndal wrote:

Yup, 8 to 10% of what we pay for insurance is shifted to cover the
costs of

You need to document that number; How was it derived?

It's been quoted in the media of late; I saw it on the AMA website if memory
serves.

25% overhead is entirely too much. Need to get rid of the insurance
companies entirely to save any money in health care. Add in the
savings in the hospitals, doctor's, etc. due to less paperwork, and
you end up cutting 50% or more from the costs of medical treatment.

Their high administrative costs aside, many practices of the insurance
industry (like canceling coverage when they can get away with it, including
in the middle of someone's chemo therapy) are loathsome and should not be
tolerated.