Posted to rec.woodworking
Rod & Betty Jo[_2_] Rod & Betty Jo[_2_] is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message om...
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:42:58 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

Joe Homeless walks into the emergency room to get four stitches and he
gets them for free, while I walk into the same emergency room and get
four stitches on the same table from the same doctor and get charged
2500 bucks.

One step toward fixing the system would be a Constitutional amendment
restricting unfunded mandates--if the government says that you _have_ to
provide a good or service to someone who cannot reasonably be expected
to pay for it then the government must compensate you for that good or
service.

Need I point out that that solution STILL leaves you paying for Joe -
just via a different path :-).

It is worth noting as well that the problem is less the uninsued and more the $2500 for 4 stitches.....The hospital and/or ER have a cost/expence structure quite beyond ration or reason. Sadly during the entire "health care" debate we've had no attention paid to the actual cost structure. Rod