Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Gorilla Glue

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:35:10 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Hey, here's something curious. I just tried this, and got funny little
drops, much smaller than I would get with an eyedropper, for example.

I took a 30-unit syringe, filled it with water, and counted the drops in 5
units. I got 11 drops -- close enough to 10 -- but they were really teeny.
These were drops that would detach themselves and free-fall as I held the
syringe point-down; just ordinary drops.

That's exactly 1/10 the size you're describing -- one drop from this syringe
is 5 microliters. I see from some references online that this is the same
size as a drop of water dispensed from a Pasteur micropipette.

So is the size of the drop that dependent on the opening from which they're
dispensed? This was a 30-guage needle. I'd have to mike it to see the size,
but it's *really* thin.

Might get smaller if you ground and lapped the end square. Or not...

PS Are you throwing the things away after only one use? I get a couple of
weeks out of mine.

Mark Rand
RTFM