Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer[_2_] The Wanderer[_2_] is offline

Default telephone cable colours

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:41:14 +0100, Stephen wrote:

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:06:20 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm

might help...

I'm afraid it doesn't. I had already found that site by google.
There's a lot of information there but all it says about the
green/white pair is:

"Terminal pins 1 and 6 may be absent on some versions of C/NTE5, but
these connections are not normally used anyway."

They're actually used in my house!

My master socket used to be right alongside where the overhead cable
entered in the living room.

When I went isdn before ADSL, BT moved the master socket to the study
adjacent to the pc, and installed a secondary socket where the master used
to be, with a three pair between them. The green and white take the incomer
to the master on the three pair.

--
The Wanderer

Everyone brings happiness.
Some as they arrive, others as they leave.