Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default GFI Outlet

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Twayne" wrote:

I've never heard a single person ever say you'll be "dead ...
milliseconds". But one COULD be in the right circumstances, and
that's enough for me. After all, nearly every fixture cover has a
screw that's exposed metal. You seem to think allowing a certain
number of deaths/injuries from electrocution are acceptable. I
can't wait for the day you get shocked, jerk your arm away, cutting
your jugular as you arm spams and you react in trying to remove
yourself, followed by your muscles clamping harder than rigor, as
you slowly sink to the floor, finally breaking the
electricalconnection and continuing to bleed to death, alone in the
laundry room. That' isn't bound to happen either; but it could.
There ARE a lot of bruises, bumps and other injuries from shock.
Electrocution doesn't always mean death; it can only be a vegetative
state afterwards. Is that stil OK with you? It's not for me.
Anything that helps avoid a safety problem is worth the small amount
of effort that the codes require.

Twayne

Son,

"Son,"! Thank you!
you are one paranoid

A healthy amount of paranoia is a good thing. But if as appears to be
your case, it begins to control your life, it's way out of control.

and delusional dude.

lol, this is like psychology 101, the paragraphs about projection! If
there's any deslusion at work here, it's very obviously coming from your
impressions that you can ignore legal requirements because you know
better than the writers and those charged with enforcement. If you're
actually doing any of the silly stuff you're doing, one of these days
you'll have a rude awakening shortly. OTOH I have a feeling that you're
just a lonely dummy who likes to troll and see his writing in
print.You're like the publicist that says any PR is good, even if it's
negative PR.

You do a hundred things
every week that are about 10,000 times more likely to kill you than
120VAC.

I don't do anything "every week" that's more likely to kill me than
120Vac. The "ac" BTW, is not capitalized; it's lower case for
alternating current.

But if you want to live your life in fear of ghosts, I'm not
going to stop you.

No, even if I were to do that, you're right that you wouldn't stop me;
you can't. You can't stop me from doing anything I choose to do. You
feel your powerlessness can be overcome by making others feel small or
somehow wrong. You'll never gain any power that way and in particular
you'll never stop me from doing anything I decide to do.