Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default GFI Outlet

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Twayne" wrote:

You don't have any verifiable data, do you?

Twayne`

Yes, I do, and I've posted it on several previous occasions.

Don't look now, but that isn't verifiable data. You could have posted
lies on several occasions or the entire truth each time. But that has
no bearing on anything verifiable.

Clearly,
you're the one who won't do the research.

Hmm, clairvoyant are you? You have absolutely no idea what or how much
I research any particular subject, let alone this one. On top of
research I have a plethora of verifiable data behind me in many
different forms on this subject, too.
But rather than hand it to you on a platter, I'll only say that UL,
CSA, ETL, EU, EUC, JATE, ACA, hundreds of MOUs, etc. etc. and each have
their own set of safety criteria, each of which have accompanying
paperwork which opines the concensus reasoning behind each one, in
addition to info on who made the rules, where, when and who shall be
charged with implementing, assuring implementation, and applying the
consequences for not having implemented same should the case arise.
Every spec I mentioned calls out and includes how to access such
additional information. EACH ONE.
I have my doubts that you have any actual background, education or
experience on the subject at all outside your own narcissistic, almost
psychotic displays of ignorance and over-statement.

An insignificant number of
Americans are electrocuted in the home, and of those, the vast
majority are either *installing* an electric device or attempting to
*repair* an appliance.

I'm sure you're going to say you can "back that up", but it's just your
attempt to change the subject IMO so you can better argue what you feel
will be easier for you to do. By sheer luck, I just happened to have
come across such a statistic; it was referenced in a white paper I
pulled from archive for another purpose and happened to notice the
inclusion and reference.
BUT ... it's irrelevent here because it's not the numbers that count,
it is what is written in the legal codes and regulations that you must
adhere to. In the extreme you could find your Certificate of Occupany
rescinded and have to completely vacate the premises until the cert can
be issued, plus be responsible for periodic fines on a per month or
yearly basis, per infraction. I feel pretty sure you're one they would
categorize under "willfull infractions" so you won't be finding fighting
it a very simple task.

There are hundreds, probably thousands or more other, similar
regulations which don't make sense to YOU, but the codes aren't written
for YOU. They're written for everyone within each specific
jurisdiction. If you do sub-standard, not-to-code work then whether you
own or even have control of such property, yOU will be responsible. And
most likely sued by anyone/anything else such as any legal entities
involved.

The odds of killing yourself with 120 VAC in your home, while living
your day-to-day life, are so miniscule that it's absurd to classify
electricity in the home as a mortal danger.

Spoken like a true narcissist with a complete lack of respect for
authority, regulation or common laws. It's entirely plausibe to create
a situation that would be dangerous to anyojne living their day to day
life. It might be in the form of a practical joke or even well meaning
ignorance, but it's very easy to fathom such a thing. Use a Class I
method to wire your metallic doorbell housing to 120Vac and see how
quickly you get complaints, if you're lucky.

BUT, again, you're simply trying to redirect the conversation, such as
it is. Electrical is but one of many, many areas with such seemingly
unimportant rules, codes and regulations, but your opinion of them does
not make a whit of difference to what will happen to you, your
insurance, and any unfortunate subject who might end up shocked by your
ignorance. Perhaps you weren't aware that your house burning down due
to an improperly, not to code wiring situation, could/would/often does,
negate your insurances.

About ten times as many
people die from simply falling down on *level ground.*

Prove it. In fact, just try to give a legal definition of "level
ground". I maintain that no human being has ever been killed by falling
on "level ground". You're really starting to grab at straws just to
have a reason to use more words in your post, now.

You can chatter all god damn day about your pesky "safety" gadgets,
but it won't change the insanity of making them mandatory or even
advisable.

Well, I'll chatter anytime, anywhere, wherever I wish to about anything
I consider to be accurate information, especially when the background
for such statements comes from the ignorance you display here. I'll
also harp away at those who give what I know to be misinformation.

I'm glad as hell I don't live near you or even know who you are. I
don't/won't even check to see if you were silly enough to use your real
e-mail address here because my purpose isn't to "report" you, it's to
make you look like the silly fool you are to the newbies and such that
might by some small possibility think what you say can be used to
anyone's advantage. It cannot.

Twayne`