Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

HeyBub wrote:

Excellent retort. In sum, we spend more per capita than other
countries BECAUSE WE CAN. Other countries spend less than we for a
lot of reasons, chief among them is they don't have the wealth to do
so.

More than half of personal bankruptcies in America result from medical
expenses. Companies move overseas in part because they don't have to pay
for employee health coverage, e.g. it costs GM $1,200 less per vehicle to
build cars in Canada than in the U.S.--Toyota took note of that when they
decided to build a new plant in Canada instead of the U.S. Health insurance
companies absorb several times what such administration costs in other
industrialized nations--and so on. The notion that America can afford to
waste more of its health care budget than other nations would be funny if it
weren't so sickening.