Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

On 09/13/2009 10:59 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Do you
think those options would be available if the government runs health care?

I'm not American so the discussion doesn't really impact me. However, I
was under the impression that the proposed legislation allowed for a
public insurance option in addition to all the private ones.

How many choices do you have for the motor vehicle department?

Around here (Saskatchewan, Canada) basic insurance is provided by the
government along with the license plates (at competitive rates relative
to the other provinces, and without any subsidization) but you can go to
any insurance company you want for additional coverage.

i.e, if you can't see the difference between the choices you have now and a
federally mandated, unconstitutional, federally run health system, there is
nothing more that can be discussed.

I didn't think that this was actually in the proposed bill.

Chris