Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Excellent retort. In sum, we spend more per capita than other countries
BECAUSE WE CAN. Other countries spend less than we for a lot of reasons,
chief among them is they don't have the wealth to do so.

Considering all the bankruptcies and wasteful spending practices that have
come to light lately in the US, one has to question if all that wealth is
really available to spend or has the US been using up much of its future
spending ability for some time.

"BECAUSE WE CAN" is a poor excuse for any country to pursue a bankrupt
future. Realistically, I'd fully expect the US as the world's only truly
functional superpower to take what it wants when the time comes that it
can't afford to buy what it wants. Simple survival really.