Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Self Serve Checkouts {Was: Where to buy some small bolts}

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:42:39 +0100 (BST) Dave Liquorice wrote :
Utterly, I refuse to use them in any shop. Too slow to scan, too
finickity about where you put things "Unexpected item on ...".

The stores obviusly have them as they don't have to pay a checkout
operator so if they passed that saving on in the form of say a 5%
discount they might be a little more acceptable.

My local supermarket here in Melbourne has them and I now use them
by choice - great to be able to pay for $5 of goods with a ex ATM
$50 note and not feel embarrassed, likewise being able to get rid of
a pile of small coins that somehow seem to accumulate. Before I
emigrated I always had problems with the ones in Tesco though.

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com