Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self Serve Checkouts {Was: Where to buy some small bolts}

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Since B&Q installed the do it yourself checkouts with the

electronic
woman shouting at me I've bought nothing there.

They are rubbish, aren't they?

Utterly, I refuse to use them in any shop. Too slow to scan, too
finickity about where you put things "Unexpected item on ...".

The stores obviusly have them as they don't have to pay a checkout
operator so if they passed that saving on in the form of say a 5%
discount they might be a little more acceptable.

I use them if there's a smaller queue.
One joke is I sometimes buy Becks no alcohol beer - I don't drink alcohol
much these days. And it needs approval...
For those who haven't tried it - it tastes pretty good for a non alcoholic
beer. Any other recommendations welcome.

--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.