Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default gas engine clogging up

On Sep 14, 2:04�am, Deodiaus wrote:
I think the oil is filled too high, but have to check when it has sat
untouched for an hour. �Also, I store the powerwasher in the garage on
top of bags of concrete. �It probably might have tilted.
I have a year warrentee.
The smoke is white with a light blue haze, probably due to oil getting
inside. �Yesterday, it would run on the normal setting (as opposed on
the start setting), but had trouble starting.
Any recommendations on cleaners? �I don't want to damage the motor,
but if it is shot, then I guess I will try.
There seems to be a lot of carbon grit visibile through the spark plug
hole on the piston.
Yes, its a 4 cycle engine, the oil and gas are in separate tanks.

I would do what another poster said. Make sure oil level is correct,
change the plug and run it at full throttle. It should blow out any
major deposits and you'll be good to go. Again, since we can't
actually see what you are seeing, it is hard to determine just how
much carbon buildup there is. If you are worried about it, take it
back and exchange it for another.

Read the manual on the correct starting procedure. Personally, I move
the throttle from start to run slowly, after about 5-10 seconds after
it starts. This limits the amount of carbon buildup from a rich air/
fuel mixture.

Hank