Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Your experience with Fry's

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:38:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:22:48 -0700, "iws" wrote:

Well, with Fry's, whenever I've returned something, even unopened, they open
it, check that all the stuff is there and then slap a returned sticker on it
and that generally winds up back on the shelf at a discounted price.

I once bought a rather pricey video card that had been returned. I
had no way to inspect the contents at the store.

Did you ask? (a manager). I always do so, have not bee refused by any
store yet. It is both a reasonable and prudent thing to do.

When I arrived home,
instead of the expensive video card, a cheap junk commodity video card
had been substituted.