Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Self Serve Checkouts {Was: Where to buy some small bolts}

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:14:41 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Since B&Q installed the do it yourself checkouts with the

electronic
woman shouting at me I've bought nothing there.

They are rubbish, aren't they?

Utterly, I refuse to use them in any shop. Too slow to scan, too
finickity about where you put things "Unexpected item on ...".

The stores obviusly have them as they don't have to pay a checkout
operator so if they passed that saving on in the form of say a 5%
discount they might be a little more acceptable.

--
Cheers
Dave.