Posted to alt.home.repair
CWLee CWLee is offline

Default NG Policies

"Bob M." wrote

Bottom posting is preferred, ...

Many people do prefer bottom posting, and many also prefer
top posting.

I think bottom posting works best for those who join a
discussion late in the discussion, after several postings,
since reading in the normal manner (top to bottom) gives the
chronological sequence of questions, answers, comments, etc.
I think top posting works best for those actively following
a thread from the beginning, since the latest response is
read first, and one doesn't have to wade through all the
previously provided material.

My preference (which happens rarely) is for each poster to
edit the post, leaving out irrelevant material, and
interweaving his comments within the post, adjacent to the
individual points the previous poster(s) made.

I don't think anyone is going to change his approach, but
maybe if the pros and cons of all methods are understood
there will be less rudeness here and in other newsgroups.