Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

Phisherman wrote:

I'm an extreme Libertarian and it is my guess no Libertarian will
support Obama's Health care plan. It is financially irresponsible.
Government, please get out of my face!!!

So how do you feel about various industries including the health insurance
industry being in your face? They keep raising the cost of health insurance
while finding ways to deny coverage to those who need it. They manage to
consume 20% of the money they take in for administrative overhead, at least
several times what it costs in other industrialized nations. Competition is
supposed to drive down prices for consumers, yet the health insurance
industry has achieved the exact opposite. Did you know the health care
industry shifts about a tenth of what you pay for health insurance to cover
their costs in treating uninsured patients? Did you know that despite
spending the most on health care of the 13 wealthiest nations that life
expectancy in America is the lowest of those 13 nations, while infant
mortality is the highest? So who, other than the govt., is supposed to do
something about this? Do you imagine that the insurance companies and drug
companies and so on will voluntarily decide that the pursuit of profit with
no regard to the harm they do cannot continue? Or do you dismiss all this
in the belief that the suffering of tens of millions of your fellow citizens
is simply not your problem, and that there is no way it will ever be your
turn to be told you aren't covered for something your doctor says you need?