Posted to sci.electronics.repair
iws iws is offline

Default Your experience with Fry's

"Jamie" t wrote in message
| root wrote:
|
| I have bought many motherboard-cpu combinations from
| Fry's and, upon reflection, I realize I have had problems
| with *every* one of them. Sometimes I have to return
| them, but if the problem is not too serious I just live
| with it. I wonder if I am the only one who has such
| problems. Most recent example is a MB whose sound level
| was way too low. I just stuck in a pci card.
|

| What is your experience?
| Are you implying that they maybe sending you returned garbage?
|
| No, can it be?
|
| Do you honestly believe that a merchant would do that to you?
|
| Ha , Ha.

Well, with Fry's, whenever I've returned something, even unopened, they open
it, check that all the stuff is there and then slap a returned sticker on it
and that generally winds up back on the shelf at a discounted price. At
least you can tell if it's been returned. I recently returned a set of noise
cancelling earphones that were defective - they accepted what I said and put
a return to vendor sticker on the package.