Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Your experience with Fry's

I'm lucky. There's a "computer row" not far from Microsoft. I can go to
Northwest Hard Drives and know that I'll get knowledgable service at a
reasonable price. My current machine was purchased over eight years ago from
them, and it's still perking along fine.

Try to find a speciality shop. Fry's is nice for parts, and for components
if you know what you want, but I wouldn't depend on them for any "real"
assistance. (The other day I asked for wire-wrap wire, and the guy wanted to
sell me connectors.)