Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Your experience with Fry's

wrote:

On Sep 13, 11:43 am, root wrote:
I have bought many motherboard-cpu combinations from
Fry's and, upon reflection, I realize I have had problems
with *every* one of them. Sometimes I have to return
them, but if the problem is not too serious I just live
with it. I wonder if I am the only one who has such
problems. Most recent example is a MB whose sound level
was way too low. I just stuck in a pci card.

What is your experience?

I've bought at least 6 board / processor sets and have had problems
with one of them and looking back on the one, it's entirely possible I
was doing something dumb and the board itself was fine. I'm not going
to buy another Maxtor drive though. Gee, I should go over today as
they have a 1500 gig Segate drive for $105.

Keep in mind the only questions you should ever ask a Fry's guy is
"what aisle is ??? on? " or "do you have more of these?".

You must remember, he comments on the onboard sound being low, I hope he
does realize that most integrated MB sound, requires amplified speakers.