Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Fired Up, Ready To Go

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:vPerm.2338$tl3.757
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

"DGDevin" wrote:

What's puzzling is why he waited all summer, why he let the baboons
(and their handlers) tear up the place. Now many people have been
scared spitless and the spineless clowns in Congress (whose first
priority is always re-election) are afraid to go toe-to-toe with the
various industry lobbies that want things to stay just as they are.
Considering what a tight ship they ran during the campaign it's
surprising that the administration has let this get as out of
control as it has.

There will be no Republican support for an Obama plan.

There was an election last November, the people spoke, so get on with
the job.

With majorities in both the house and the senate, why are the Dems
interested in bipartisan support?

Must be some reason.

But then again, I'm not a politican.

Lew

I think you know, Lew, that there are some Democrats who are a lot
farther to the right than some Republicans.

But, I don't understand why so many American towns and cities have fire
departments supported by local taxes, whether they have volunteer or
professional firemen. And yet, basic health insurance cannot be paid for
by some kind of involuntary contributions? I really don't make much
difference between the need for me and my family to have fire insurance
and health insurance. But then, I used to be even further left than I am
now. Now, I think that left is fine, but needs to be financially
responsible. Like getting some real oversight over those bankers. After
all, I did buy 100 shares Lehman when they were ~$17 and watched that go
up in smoke ...

--
Best regards
Han