Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Shortest lived C-clamp...

Ignoramus21664 wrote:

Today I encountered the shortest lived C-Clamp ever.

Bought a 4" cast iron C-clamp at Menards (actually two). As soon as I
tried to tighten one, without any extra effort, the casting broke in
two pieces. The casting was regular cast iron and I noticed a strange
brown tint to it, in the surface of the crack.

I'm a big fan of rolling head pry bars. The last pair have failed instantly. Harbor
Freight stuff. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/pho...7399/97387.gif

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller