Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Where to buy some small bolts

In message
,
tonyjeffs writes
Any thoughts on a diy store Liverpool where I could browse before
buying? B&Q don't sell any that thin. The size is possibly M3 or M2.

Coming in late on the original question, if you can find them, there
should be some really good engineers' suppliers in Liverpool.

I'm closer to Birkenhead, and there's a J R Webster (opposite a
Toolstation and Screwfix and near Cammell Lairds), that has helpful
staff and have sold me odd bolts and other similar devices. In Wallasey
Bestco has also been good. They may only do larger bolts, though.

The thing about these places as opposed to the sheds is that they seem
to be staffed by real people, sometimes even with a sense of humour.
They are usually pretty competitive and will sell things in ones.

I was appalled when I realised how much Wickes had charged me for penny
washers. Since B&Q installed the do it yourself checkouts with the
electronic woman shouting at me I've bought nothing there.

--
Bill