Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
bando?ers@gmail bando?ers@gmail is offline

Default Netiquette (was patronising digital advert)

hHEY Nnow J.P. and group(s),

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message
,
"bando?ers@gmail" writes:
Howdy John, and to get the love fest out of the way at the beginning,
I have allways liked your posts, often learned something, and forget
that you are not blind as your insight and understanding of VI comp
related issues surpasses that of many blind users/maybe we should make
you an honorary blind-guy. Trust me, that would be better than the
real thing. ...Stupid grin...

. Thanks, that of course makes me feel good. Much of the credit will be
due to the blind couple I have known since 197x, and whom I have helped
with computing matters since there was the Kenneth Kendall chip in the
BBC Micro and the only option was to have it spell out every word. ..

Thanks for sharing your years of experience.
[]
I use JAWS and NVDA at the moment, and there is no feature that I know
of that can be configured to change voice in response to quote level,
although I think it could be arranged in some future version.
(probably would only work with oe, as jfw and win-eyes are optimized
to and for the ms monster) ..

. Well the "monster" isn't as bad as everyone makes out, especially with
QuoteFix. Though it's not my first choice, I find it quite usable. ..

I was referring to the whole msft picture/not just OE which I do not
even really know well at all.
[]
. I agree; the one blind 'group of the (rather strange set of) five

What are your suggestions for news group readers. I'd like to here
from any blind users on this too, but let's put it in a new thread
please!

that
this thread is posted to has been very quiet of late (until this
thread!), so I'm not sure what the norm was for it. ..
[snip]
You got that right! Quiet is the norm, and interleaved posting not,
(if I recall correctly). I don't completely object to interleavers,
but more often it seems to be another lazy trait, instead of a tool
used to give greater claritty to a msg.

. I fear that I shall continue to interleave - but with, I hope,
judicious snipping. ..

I have never had a prob understanding your posts, and as I have
said;interleave well and all is well, but if ye don't have the time to
take out the virtual scissors,TOPPOST!
Burt
[]
--