Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default dispute with structural engineer

I had a structural engineer came round last year
and produced me drawings for steelwork to reinforce some broken beams.

I called him back because I was unhappy with one of his supports being
inches away from a doorway.

He came back, and charged me another £30.

He was going to phone me a month ago for an appointment
but when i checked he said he was going on holiday.

Is there any pressure I can apply to him
to get him to revise his paperwork?

Going to the small claims court would waste time
and wouldnt get my roof redesigned.

He was recomended to me by the local builder
whose metal beam for a hole in my kitchen wall
was condemned by this newsgroup and by the council building inspector.

He is BCEng MIStructE
anc calls himself a
Consulting Structural Engineer

Is there a trade body i can threaten to raise an official complaint with?

any other ideas?

thanks

george