Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default NG Policies

Pavel314 wrote:

It's hard to find a real newsreader anymore.

Thats silly. There are a ton of real newsreaders around, many of them
free. Windows comes with a free newsreader, which can instantly be
replaced free with Thunderbird, an even better newsreader.

Comcast dropped
newsgroups a couple of years ago in my area so Google Groups is the
best free alternative.

Also silly. There a a number of free newsgroup providers if all you want
is non-binaries.(see my tag) Several other cheap providers if you want
binaries.

What's wrong with Google Groups?

Much easier to list whats right with it. It's main use is their
archives for old messages, and OK if you are at work and not permitted
to use newsgroups, you generally can get access via Google. Thats all I
can think of...

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/