Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Planer question BAD ADVICE!

Robatoy wrote:

On Sep 13, 1:51 pm, Nova wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

I see that the cutter is covered when the fence is all the way over to
the edge.
How is kick-back covered?

How is kick back covered in ANY operation on a jointer? There are no
hardware provisions to control kick back on any jointer I've ever seen.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

The porkchop shaped guard works as a cam and will stop a normal piece
of wood from flying backwards.

Try this:

1. Set your infeed table equal to the outfeed table.
2. With the jointer turned off run a board through the jointer in the
normal direction.
3. With the jointer turned off run the same board through the jointer
in the direction opposite normal.
4. Note the zero difference in resistance between steps 2 & 3.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA