Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Netiquette (was patronising digital advert)

In message
"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote:

In message
,
"bando?ers@gmail" writes:
Howdy John, and to get the love fest out of the way at the
beginning, I have allways liked your posts, often learned
something, and forget that you are not blind as your insight and
understanding of VI comp related issues surpasses that of many
blind users/maybe we should make you an honorary blind-guy.
Trust me, that would be better than the real thing. ...Stupid
grin...

. Thanks, that of course makes me feel good. Much of the credit
will be due to the blind couple I have known since 197x, and whom
I have helped with computing matters since there was the Kenneth
Kendall chip in the BBC Micro and the only option was to have it
spell out every word. .. []

That's interesting, I use a modern derivative of the BBC and I can
set the quoting threads to speak as it reads the mail even in
different dialects like, West Midlands, Lancashire and even a
Female voice can be chosen, so following convention is apparent
with this particular software if you choose the message to be
spoken as opposed to just being read.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes