Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default gas engine clogging up

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
I have a TroyBilt powerwasher with the Briggs & Stratton engine I
bought at Lowe's a couple of months ago.
It has oil, but seems to run while emitting a white cloudy smoke. If
I don't have it high enough on the throttle, it dies.
I noticed that my spark plug was fouled up, and saw black sand-like
material inside.
What is the best way to clean that out? Should I remove the top
cylinderhead and clean it? How do I do that without disassembling the
whole engine.
Years ago, I had a Ford Escort with a carburetor. I would pour Magic
Mystery Oil in the red can into the carburetor, which was suppose to
clean it out. Does that work?

Is this a 4 cycle engine? It should not be loading up on oil. Is the
crankcase overfilled? Do you store the machine with the engine turned on
its side so oil can run into the combustion chamber? Sound like the engine
is about shot to hell already.

I'd read the warranty and take it back to get checked out. That should not
be happening inside of a couple of months.