Posted to alt.home.repair
Deodiaus Deodiaus is offline

Default gas engine clogging up

I have a TroyBilt powerwasher with the Briggs & Stratton engine I
bought at Lowe's a couple of months ago.
It has oil, but seems to run while emitting a white cloudy smoke. If
I don't have it high enough on the throttle, it dies.
I noticed that my spark plug was fouled up, and saw black sand-like
material inside.
What is the best way to clean that out? Should I remove the top
cylinderhead and clean it? How do I do that without disassembling the
whole engine.
Years ago, I had a Ford Escort with a carburetor. I would pour Magic
Mystery Oil in the red can into the carburetor, which was suppose to
clean it out. Does that work?