Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default GFI Outlet

In article ,
"Twayne" wrote:

I've never heard a single person ever say you'll be "dead ...
milliseconds". But one COULD be in the right circumstances, and that's
enough for me. After all, nearly every fixture cover has a screw that's
exposed metal. You seem to think allowing a certain number of
deaths/injuries from electrocution are acceptable. I can't wait for the
day you get shocked, jerk your arm away, cutting your jugular as you arm
spams and you react in trying to remove yourself, followed by your
muscles clamping harder than rigor, as you slowly sink to the floor,
finally breaking the electricalconnection and continuing to bleed to
death, alone in the laundry room. That' isn't bound to happen either;
but it could.
There ARE a lot of bruises, bumps and other injuries from shock.
Electrocution doesn't always mean death; it can only be a vegetative
state afterwards. Is that stil OK with you? It's not for me. Anything
that helps avoid a safety problem is worth the small amount of effort
that the codes require.

Twayne

Son, you are one paranoid and delusional dude. You do a hundred things
every week that are about 10,000 times more likely to kill you than
120VAC. But if you want to live your life in fear of ghosts, I'm not
going to stop you.