Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default GFI Outlet

In article ,
"Twayne" wrote:

You don't have any verifiable data, do you?

Twayne`

Yes, I do, and I've posted it on several previous occasions. Clearly,
you're the one who won't do the research. An insignificant number of
Americans are electrocuted in the home, and of those, the vast majority
are either *installing* an electric device or attempting to *repair* an
appliance.

The odds of killing yourself with 120 VAC in your home, while living
your day-to-day life, are so miniscule that it's absurd to classify
electricity in the home as a mortal danger. About ten times as many
people die from simply falling down on *level ground.*

You can chatter all god damn day about your pesky "safety" gadgets, but
it won't change the insanity of making them mandatory or even advisable.