Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

rangerssuck wrote:

On Sep 5, 7:21*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:

True. *Obama's election was the exact cause of some billion dollars of
arms and ammo sales in the USA.

Bull****. Certain people's crazy thoughts concerning Obama's election
may have caused them to rush out to the ammo store, but Obama didn't
*make* them do it. His election CERTAINLY didn't make them do
anything. I'm not sure how an election could possibly make anyone do
anything. If people bought more ammo, it was because they decided to
do so.

I believe there was a run on arms and components when Clinton was elected. I know I was
part of that run.

Clinton pushed through the Assault Rifle Ban which impacted the type of semi automatic
black rifle I'm most interested in.

Obama seems like a smart guy, he saw what happened with Clinton and the '94 midterms. I'm
fairly sure he doesn't want to touch the live wire called gun control but that isn't
because he became a fervent 2nd supporter, it is because he knows it is a third rail of
politics. Touching it is political death.

I'd be making a run on arms and ammo now but I learned to always keep enough on hand.

I think if Obama thought he could get away with further restrictions on the RKBA, he would
go for it. Nothing crazy about my thinking or the thinking of others. We know what the
core of the Democratic party leadership represents. I'm not saying that all Republicans
are right with guns. Some have been just as treacherous as the worst of the Dems.

I have voted Democratic before when the Dem had a better 2nd Amendment record.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller