Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap wallpaper strippers

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
BodgeIt wrote:
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has used either of these cheapy steam
strippers from screwfix. Need something to strip two rooms then
probably won't use it again. So if it will do the job for 20 quid all
well and good, if not then happy to spend more.

Thanks

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/28643/...Stripper-2000W

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/30823/...Stripper-2000W

Basically a kettle element & a hose, not much technology. I've got a NuTool
one that works perfectly and was about the same price.

I'd go for the Earlex since they have been around for donkeys years & parts
would be easy to get. Nice long hose as well.

7 or 8 years ago when I bought one, Wickes own was obviously a
rebadged Earlex, but cheaper (indeed, cheapest I could find at
the time). Don't know which one Wickes sell nowadays though.
OTOH, they're all cheaper now than they were then.

--
Andrew Gabriel