Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Motor start capacitor - value ?

In message , John
Rumm writes
geoff wrote:
In message , YAPH
writes
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:44:46 +0100, geoff wrote:

Although the capacitor might well be the reason why the pump is in the
skip ...

But not likely - most pumps I come across (or put in!) skips are either
surplus to requirements following a boiler swap or have mechanically
siezed up.

One might well have thought so except that ...
I used to descale pumps (dozens of the buggers) for a couple of
service companies - about 20% were fine other than that the 2.2u cap
had died

You were only seeing the non "I just want of get shot of this
unrequired pump" collection though - i.e. ones people wanted but
thought needed fixing.

Social housing ?

I doubt they got any further than ringing up and saying that the heating
had stopped working - t'would be the incompetent fitter from the service
company who would take it out

--
geoff