Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default That Lidl SDS ...

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)"
saying something like:

The smaller stores do sometimes reduce prices if they have one or two left
over - simply because they need the space for new offers. The larger ones
don't seem to. The biggest one round here is at Clapham Junction and they
have some stuff - still at full price - from months ago.

Afaik, each store manager has some degree of autonomy, certainly in what
'extra' items they choose to stock over and above the core range. My
local Lidl hasn't stocked tuna pasta sauce for ages, yet others do.
I suspect the manager might be free to decide what to let things go for,
but some might be unimaginative enough to not drop the price to the
selling point.