Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default NG Policies

In article ,
"charlie" wrote:

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

So, this is a serious question: Why do you say that use of
Google is "frowned on" by many?

TIA

Hypatia

---

it's a source of much of the newsgroups spam, so it's just a reaction to the
other users of it.

And because it's a source of spam, many users (including me) kill
everything from google. Therefore, we don't see your posts. I have about
20 googlers who've managed to make my whitelist, but I'm done adding
people to it.

Furthermore, most google groupies are completely ignorant of what usenet
is, and perhaps more importantly, what it isn't. Some people get tired
of trying to explain everything to the google idiots.