Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Fixing a Blown-Out Sony TV

In article , "Alec S." wrote:

Well if the flyback is the problem, then I won’t be bothering with it; I’ve
got
too much else to do anyway. If it’s the HOT, then I may keep it around to
look
at again some time in the future. If it’s something simpler like a cold joint
or
blown cap or resistor or invisible fuse or something, then I would like to
fix
it.

I had a TV that "blew out" on me once, and yep, it was the invisible
fuse that went bad. But, I couldn't see it, so I couldn't replace it.
BTW, throwing around fancy terms like "HOT" and "flyback" don't dress up
your resume none around this group, so to speak, in the vernacular, like.
Maybe you can fix your apostrophe key instead, so you don't have to
substitute commas.