Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic fluid question

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:25:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 9, 9:25*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
On my new old jack, I put a pint of jack oil in it, and it worked up and
down. *It sputtered a couple of times, and kicked out some milky looking
fluid from the filler hole. *Aha, I suspected water. *I drained all the oil,
and it was a milky gray versus the light black of new oil.

My question: *will this separate overnight, and can I then recover the oil
and toss the water?

May just flush and add new oil, but flush with what?

Steve

"light black"?? What are you using, old crankcase drippings? The
jack oil I have looks like regular straight mineral oil, clear, no
color at all. In a pinch, I've been known to use 10W30, but the stuff
that leaks out of the chink jacks I have is clear.

Stan

I generally simply fill all my jacks with ATF.

Works great.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474