Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users
bando?ers@gmail bando?ers@gmail is offline

Default Netiquette (was patronising digital advert)sorry for anotherdoble-post!

bando?ers@gmail wrote:Twice...
My connect has been between bad and non-existent lately, so, I wanted
to get this up fast to use my band for something else/and got a
twitchy finger when FireFox told me it was resending. Sorry.

Burt

.... I just wanted to throw in my two cents on this,...

... dirty origin. Don't know about the UK, but in the US many places are
greed. ...I was referring to the big picture, and mostly on the server

end. Don't think there would be any noticable savings of energy, and
little bandwidth when uploading, but when d-loading %80+ requoted
material, and god forbid multi-formats times many users..., but sure
it's not HD video.]

my bit:
. I have seen suggestion that speech software might indicate who is
saying what by using a different voice (or at least pitch). Does any
such software (that anyone here is using, anyway) actually do that?
(AFAICT, Window-Eyes doesn't.) ..
[snip]

I use JAWS and NVDA at the moment, and there is no feature that I know
of that can be configured to change voice in response to quote level,
although I think it could be arranged in some future version.
(probably would only work with oe, as jfw and win-eyes are optimized
to and for the ms monster) ..
[snip]

quoting:

P.s.-Andrew, if you are reading this,how would you get jfw to change
voice for ""s, and could it be set to change more as the quote level
changes?(as with header levels, (which is pretty useless))?For me the
quote change might be a good one.
AH
Not here using JFW 10. The best it could probably do is either skip
out the lines beginning with or change the voice to something
different. This may end up being more annoying in the end though.
AH
Thanks,
Burt Henry
The only movement I believe in is in the morning after my coffee.