fred

Default builders merchants v's sheds

In article , Colin
writes
My experience is that you need to phone to get a price before you enter the
Builders Merchant premises. You seem to get 20% off automatically, then you
can negotiate down from there. You could try and get them to match the B&Q
price?

Colin

Seconded, when spending 100quid plus I have phoned around for prices
and when it's down to the wire, bashing them over the head with, 'but at
B&Q warehouse they're XXXquid'. The stock reply to that is, 'but our
battens (or whaterver) are straight and not rotten before you get them', and
they're right, some of the timber is ****, not a straight piece among it and
covered in mildew. In the end, the price was similar to B&Q (warehouse),
but the quality was far better and the delivered for free at 8am, ready for the
working day.
--
fred